nothing will fuck you up as much as the realization that there’s no real reason the alphabet needs to be in order
"We’re not telling you to hate yourself, we’re telling you to hate the system and to be in solidarity with those who are affected by your privilege."
- don’t ever feel bad for asking me to tag a trigger
- i do not care what the trigger is
- i will tag it for you
- you have legitimate reasons to be triggered by it
- and i am not one to question those reasons
- so just send me an ask
- anonymous if you’re scared
- and i will tag it all the time in future
- your wellbeing is worth twenty extra seconds of my time at least
the idea of people having to be ‘useful’ is just so gross, like people do not exist to be used
having to produce something and have a use is a capitalist ideal and not an intrinsic part of humanity
just by being alive you are human and you are worth something and you can never be useless
I need to remind myself of this every day
It is sure nice being able to work again and make money but I wish I would be able to get back to sleep after getting the calls at 5am.
Today was my first day subbing and it was for 8th graders and I worked with this really nice special education teacher who was fighting really hard for inclusion in classrooms and was just really nice. And I saw my old 8th grade science teacher who invited me to a women in science conference thing later this month that he was helping with and he said he’d love to have me come back to the school as a guest speaker. It was a good first day.